Friday, April 9, 2010

DVD Commentary: The Movie

This clever College Humor send-up of DVD commentaries just made me wonder how many people actually spend their time listening to audio commentaries anymore? (or sift through extra features for that matter?) Speaking for myself, it's been a long, long, LONG time since I've been tempted to re-watch a movie with the director/cast audio commentary on. Back in the early years of DVD, it was definitely a pretty cool novelty - all these little bonus features which you could check out to "enrich" your viewing experience of a particular film. Now, meh, not so much. I'd rather spend those two hours watching another film I haven't seen before... life's too short!

By the way, AV Club do a great column called Commentary Tracks of the Damned which spotlights cringey audio commentaries of shoddy movies - worth a read to see how NOT to do an audio commentary. Anyway without further ado, here's DVD Commentary: The Movie:

No comments:

Post a Comment